Medellin

Medellin

Monday, May 29, 2017

Weddings and Baptisms

Dear everyone,

We were blessed with a wedding and two baptisms this week. The wedding went off without a hitch, which was the most surprising. It was somewhat stressful trying to organize it all, but we were able to involve most everyone. The Bishop baptized Jose and the new Stake president baptized Deidi. I was glad to have the ceremony over, just because of all the stress involved in organizing it. But for the first time in a long time, the ward was able to see how a baptismal service should be and I hope that in the future, we will be able to do it in a more organized fashion.

So as we left the wedding, I noticed there were a lot of people in the lobby. I heard them talking about something at 9:30. I assumed that they were there for the next wedding. I thought to ask them about it. But I decided not to. Then the thought was persistent. So I said a little prayer and I promised to talk to the young man (who I assumed to be the groom) if I was given the words to do so. So, the same question came to my head and I asked him. After talking to him for a bit, I found that he was to be married that day and I asked him if he would like to learn how his family could be eternal. He accepted and I'm pretty sure the missionaries have passed by his house. I'm going to verify that as soon as possible.

We also had a fun experience with Yolanda, a recent investigater. We went and talked with her and gave her a Book of Mormon. The next time we visited her, she was already in chapter 4 and said that she felt the book was true. We invited her to pray about Joseph Smith and attend church. She wasn't able to make it this week, but considering her situation it is understandable.

So yeah, Love you all,

Élder King

No comments:

Post a Comment