Medellin

Medellin

Monday, December 5, 2016

Crazy Chickens

Dear everyone,
So, the roosters here have mental problems. They started crowing at midnight last night. How's that for an old-school alarm clock failure?
We had more people that came to church yesterday, but unfortunately, even though we went out to pick them up, none of our investigaters made it. Kind of lame. I went on exchanges with Elder Rosero last tuesday. He is a guy from my same mtc group, from Ecuador. You probably don't remember, but he was there last christmas when I called. Also went on exchanges with Elder Weber, from my mtc district. He is my current zone leader, so we got to have a fun time walking around Planeta Rica looking for people to teach. We are probably going to contact a lot this week.
I got just a tad bit homesick watching the chrismas devotional. Temple square looks so pretty and I could faintly remember what it's like to walk around in the cold. I felt the spirit testify through me and it was kind of crazy. I had to tell someone off a bit and I wasn't sure how to do it in a way that wouldn't be mean or just sound like me being a jerk, and the words kind of just came to me. It isn't like any other experience. You feel like you can take on the world. And you really can! When you testify of truth the spirit will work miracles through you, but you have to have the faith to open your mouth and say it. That's how it has worked for me. I still have a lot to learn about testifying openly, but I know that with faith and worthiness, miracles happen. Life and everything else about the plan of salvation is all one big miracle. The Isaiah chapters in the Book of Mormon are extremely instructive and there are a lot of prophecies in there that are being completed this very moment. Don't ever forget to study!
Can you believe that in nine short months, I'll be on my way home? I can't. Still a lot left to do. Meanwhile, I'll be working
Love,
Elder King

No comments:

Post a Comment