Medellin

Medellin

Monday, August 15, 2016

Darn Rain

Dear family and friends,

Well, it seems like there won't be any baptisms this transfer. We were only able to have two lessons with investigators this week, and neither one is progressing at all. Alejandra and Andres seem to be avoiding us, but I think that's in part due to my companions over-persistance. This next week will be the defining week for them. So, sadly, Elder L. Whitney Clayton will only be visiting the missionaries in Medellin and we will later be informed about his suggestions for our mission. Kind of a bummer, seeing as he is in the Presidency of the Seventy, but oh well.

We met Julia's daughter, another less active member, though more recent. Her name is July Ana. Her story is pretty sad too, mostly because none of her problems have come because of her own sins. Just other people's poor decisions. I had an exchange with Elder Peterson on Tuesday. I think Elder Ku is just trying to get away from Elder Peterson, but I never know what he's thinking.

It rained sunday morning, so we got about 60 people that came to church. Nelson is still coming, which makes me happy. 

I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time in Spanish this Morning. I'm pretty proud of myself. In case you were wondering, the book is true.

Love you all,

Élder King

No comments:

Post a Comment