Medellin

Medellin

Monday, May 30, 2016

Fresh Starts

Dear Family and Friends,

Once again, an entire week of laziness and heat. But it's over now, and after achieving the successful baptism of Duvan, Elder Hurtado went the way of all the earth. There isn't much to say about this week, but my ramen food storage got used up, so I guess I'll have to start that up again. My new companion should be here pretty early tomorrow, so we ought to be able to get right to work from square 1. My new companion's name is Elder Fernandez and from what I have heard, he is a Bolivian that may or may not care abut mission rules. But rumors are rumors and I'll just have to find out for myself. Good news is Nelson and Duvan should get the priesthood this next week if all goes well and we are going to start working with Cristian. I'm hoping to find the old investigaters that we were working with and maybe find some new people that live closer. To the Lord's principles, that is...

Fun Food Facts: at approximately 1:00 every normal day, food vendors plant themselves on the corner by our house to cash in on the school across the street's lunch break. And, among the delicacies is fried and buttered cheese! Terribly unhealthy, but very cheap and quite delicious. Not recommended if you don't like cheese.

I'm currently with Élder Centeno, the zone leader, awaiting our new companions. I didn't know I would be with him, so I don't have pictures or anything really, so all the fun stuff is going to have to wait. Sorry about that.

I think that's everything! Have a great week everyone, keep on praying!

Love,

Élder King

No comments:

Post a Comment