Medellin

Medellin

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Rich Planet

Me with Elder Rangel and Elder Canchig, my zone leaders from Armenia. I think Elder Robison is in one of them too.

Dear everyone,

Much to everyone's surprise, I've been transferred again! Crazy, right? So it looks like Elder Chipana will have his training finished by someone else. Sad to leave so quickly, I really liked Armenia. But before I tell you the fun news, you have to read about my week. Ha! I don't think you'll be able to handle the suspense. You must all be on the edge of your seats right now... Or just scrolling down to read. Tsk tsk. Anyway, we found eight or so new investigaters in one day when we went to visit an old couple. They are very interested and we taught them the restoration. Now they just have to read and go to church! We taught Giselle and Diana about the word of wisdom and they accepted to try it out. Coffee is the bane of the missionaries in "el eje cafetero" which as far as I can tell means "where they grow all the coffee of the world"

Elder Chipana found out he doesn't need surgery, but he needs to take care of himself and he'll be just fine. Elder Robison is the new district leader for Tres Esquinas. My new zone leader is from my group, Elder Weber. I guess that's all the news for this week... Oh wait, almost forgot the best part!!!

I'm now district leader in Planeta Rica, with Elder Zegarra, a Peruvian from the same group as me! Elder Rosero is also in my district, an Ecuadorian from my group as well. I think there is another North American, Elder Norrell if I remember right. Just us four, which is way easier. I'm back in Monteria. Actually, another little town just outside of Monteria. Back into the oven it seems! Oh well, I forgot how much I liked the food here, even though I just ate half a fish... Travelling back was no fun. I guess the Lord knows I can handle fifteen straight hours of travelling better than other missionaries, because that has been every single transfer for me so far. Maybe that's not it, but anyway, I'll be here for another little while I imagine. I'm still on the lookout for fried cheese stands.

Well, I think thats about all. Any questions? I'll be on for a bit, so go ahead. How's life now that Trump won? I know that's a loaded question, because everyone asks me the same one. Heck, I've been here for a year, I don't know what's going on in the US! Any fun stories you want to tell me, go ahead. I like hearing about your lives.

Love,

Elder King

 Brother Ruiz, Elder Chipana, Sister Penagos, Roxanna Ruiz, Me and then in the wheelchair Vanessa Otalvaro. These are members from Armenia

                                        Elder Canchig and Elder Rangel. from left to right

1 comment: