Medellin

Medellin

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Baptisms and Transfers

Dear everyone,

Ana Maria's baptism went off without a hitch! We're so happy to see the conversion of this family. They have been giving us tons of references, including a guy named Jorge. Jorge has had a really, really hard life, but he has been able to turn it around and make his life a faith filled one. He has read the Bible 7 times cover to cover, so we're pretty sure he'll blow through the Book of Mormon we gave him. Hopefully he will be a baptism in this next month. We also contacted the guy that sold us the washer and turns out he is married! So we talked with him, his wife and son and they were very interested. With a lot of work this month will turn out very fruitful.

Elder Steadman got transferred, but he is still here in Medellin, so he didn't have far to go. My new companion is Elder Herrera. I met him when I was serving in Planeta Rica. He has got about a year in here in the mission. He is from Lima Peru. He will be my last companion unless something really crazy happens.

I read this quote from Harold B. Lee this week: "The most important of all the commandments of God is that one that you're having the most difficulty keeping today." It struck me that it is in that way that the atonement is so completely personal. There is no rating scale for the graveness of a sin, only graded difficulty in the repentance process. So whatever seems the hardest sin to let go, that's the most important one for each of us, because it is that sin that will keep us from progressing if we don't bring the power of Christ's Atonement into our lives.

I'd like to share a scripture I found a while back, I feel like it goes along with the theme. It helped me to get over some difficulties.
17 And again, he that trembleth under my power shall be made strong, and shall bring forth fruits of praise and wisdom, according to the revelations and truths which I have given you.
18 And again, he that is overcome and bringeth not forth fruits, even according to this pattern, is not of me.
Keep on perservering, keep on studying and everything will work together for your good.

Love you all,

Élder King

No comments:

Post a Comment